Designed to succeed
Ernest Gordon Recruitment attract, identify, and retain Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Automation, Civil, Structural Engineers with a passion and skill in design.
Typical tasks include:
- Studying a design brief
- Thinking of possible design solutions
- Researching whether the design will work and be cost-effective
- Assessing the usability, environmental impact, and safety of a design
- using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-assisted engineering (CAE) software to create prototypes
- collecting and analysing data from tests on prototypes
- modifying designs and retesting them
- writing regular progress reports and presenting them to project managers and clients
- With experience, your career can lead to senior design positions in larger organisations and then on to posts as creative director. Design engineers can also move into management roles such as project management and new business development.