Head of IT (Scientific)
Head of IT (Scientific)
£45,000 – £55,000 NEG + excellent training + 25 days holiday + progression
Are you an IT Manager or similar, with experience of GMP / GLP systems, looking for a rewarding, project based role, with an innovative and forward thinking organisation, where you will take full responsibility for ongoing IT projects, managing a small team, whilst working closely with the executive management, to pioneer new software & hardware which will meet the requirements of a modern, technically advanced company, which is globally renowned for its essential services to the medical industry?
Do you have experience with Azure, Microsoft and Cyber Security, looking to advance your career into a newly created position, with a well-established company, where you will work on a range of projects to advance the IT function, for an organisation which provides highly specialist and technically innovative services to the Pharmaceutical and Medical Industries, creating a direct positive impact upon people across the globe?
On offer is the opportunity to hone your technical skills and ability, with a company who attribute huge value to continual learning, and will invest in your ongoing training and development, whilst ensuring you benefit from a multi-faceted and flexible role. You will be responsible for updating IT hardware and software, to ensure it can meet the company’s requirements. You will also manage a small team to resolve day to day IT issues.
- Manage and deliver a range of diverse projects to improve the organisations IT software and hardware infrastructure
- Resolve day to day IT issues for employees, through management of a small team, and providing solutions / troubleshooting yourself when necessary
- Manage firewall / switches / routers and wireless Aps
- Manage the Cyber Security function, developing counter measures to any Cyber Security threats
- Patch Management
- Provide advisory services to the Executive management team on all issues pertaining to IT
- Manage external IT suppliers
- Motivate and lead a small but growing team
- Work with GMP / GLP systems
- Experience as an IT Manager
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems, Azure Active Directory
On offer is an excellent opportunity to join a company providing cutting edge scientific services, in a hugely integral role, where you will be directly adding value.
Keywords: IT Manager, Microsoft, Azure, Hardware, Software, Laboratory, GMP, GLP, Fareham, Gosport, Southampton
If you are interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates. The salary advertised is a guideline for this position. The offered renumeration will be dependent on the extent of your experience, qualifications, and skill set.