Field Service Engineer (Gas / Electric Fireplaces)
Field Service Engineer (Gas / Electric Fire Places)
£36,750 + 24 days holiday + van + laptop + iPad + pension
Are you a Field Service Engineer looking for a new and exciting challenge with a well-established company where you will be servicing and maintaining premium quality fireplaces for a global leading manufacturer?
In this role you will be solely carrying out annual service and warranty repairs to existing customers not installation.
Do you have experience of working with heating appliances or have experience servicing similar equipment in the field?
Would you like to work for an established and growing manufacturer that values its employees with a proven track record of developing and promoting new staff who are investing in Continuous improvement and driving innovation?
Reporting directly to the Services Manager, you will work closely with the Service team. Your primary responsibility will be the completion of warranty and annual service work for Gas, Electric and Solid Fuel heating appliances. The role will include diagnosing faults and repairing appliances in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- To be an ambassador for the company creating a professional and courteous approach when dealing with customers.
- To ensure all service and warranty calls are carried out in a professional, timely and accurate manner, ensuring that the issues are properly and fully resolved during the first visit.
- To correctly identify the reason for the reported issue and determine whether that issue falls within a company manufacturing fault or an installation/user fault, which will then be charged on site to the customer.
- To up sell chargeable service work whilst on site and take payment using the supplied payment terminals
- Ideally CCN1, CONGLP1, CPA1 and GASSAFE qualifications
- Experience within the heating industry or servicing comparable equipment
- Happy to travel and stay away during the week
The is a rare opportunity to join a business and make the role your own in an environment which encourages flexibility and experimentation.
Key Words Field Service Engineer, Heating Engineer, Gas Engineer, Heating Appliance Engineer
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates. The salary advertised is a guideline for this position. The offered renumeration will be dependent on the extent of your experience, qualifications, and skill set.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.