Design Engineer (Manufacturing)
£30,000 – £40,000 + Progression + Training + Pension + Early Finish Friday + Bonus
Are you a Design Engineer with a manufacturing background, looking to join an innovative and highly skilled team, that manufacture bespoke packaging and print finishing equipment, and offer a brilliant working environment, Christmas bonus and a Monday to Friday role?
This company is a leader in the manufacturing of bespoke packaging and print finishing equipment, along with suppling Hot Melt and Cold Glue application systems into all industries. They have a local design team and their own manufacturing facility where they can build the whole project from start to finish.
Your responsibilities will include developing ideas and concepts of bespoke major assemblies from the ground up using AutoCAD. You will also design and produce wiring diagrams for bespoke machinery. You will need to be able to work with and program logic relays (non-PLC), motor drives, etc. and write PLC programs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Design Engineer or similar with a manufacturing background looking to join an innovative team and help create products for packaging and processing industries. The successful candidate will receive training, progression opportunities, Christmas bonus and an early finish on a Friday.
* Develop ideas and concepts through to manufacture, of bespoke major assemblies from the ground up, using Autocad
* Design and produce wiring diagrams for bespoke machinery, in addition to all mechanicals
* Produce minor assembly drawings for, typically, glue associated equipment to customer existing host machinery
* Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5pm (Friday 4pm Finish)
* Proficient with 2D or 3D AutoCAD
* Experience in mechanical engineering and design skills tooling, jigs, fixtures and sheet metal fabrications
* Looking to join an exciting company that values their staff.
* Commutable to Melksham
Reference Number: BBBH7615
Keywords: CAD, design, engineering, sheet metal, fabrication, manufacturing, bespoke, projects, fabrication, custom design, mechanical, electrical, multiskilled, wiring, autocad, PLC, packaging, printing, technology
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates. The salary advertised is a guideline for this position. The offered renumeration will be dependent on the extent of your experience, qualifications, and skill set.
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.